Top Ten IT Issues for 2015
Each year EDUCAUSE / ECAR produces a set of Top 10 IT Issues. A preview was seen at the EDUCAUSE conference in October 2014 (see earlier blog entry).
The latest EDUCAUSE Review (the 50th) is devoted to the issue, and certainly worth reading.
The item titled, "Ten Reasons to Tackle the Top 10 IT Issues" is particular interesting. For example:
- Administrative systems can improve not just operations but also institutional competitiveness
- We are building tomorrow's infrastructure today
- Information technology is about people
"An Administrative IT Perspective on the Top 10 IT Issues" gives another angle on the results. It selects three of the EDUCAUSE Top 10 IT Issues for 2015 as a useful lens for viewing administrative IT programs at higher education institutions. Taken together, these three issues can serve as a roadmap for administrative IT strategy:
- Issue #3: Developing IT Funding Models That Sustain Core Service, Support Innovation, and Facilitate Growth
- Issue #9: Developing an Enterprise IT Architecture That Can Respond to Changing Conditions and New Opportunities
- Issue #5: Demonstrating the Business Value of Information Technology and How the IT Organization Can Help the Institution Achieve Its Goals